Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Marguerite - Gen 3 Ch 3

It wasn't long after Lily's birthday that I started feeling that old familiar nausea again. I was so excited! I wanted a boy, but James wanted another girl, and we speculated about it endlessly.


It's a boy! I got my wish! Little Link is absolutely adorable.


.... And a girl! James got his wish too! And little Lara is absolutely adorable, too.


When it was time for potty training, Mom and Papa were a huge help.


I don't know what I'd have done without them.


Lily is having problems at school. Besides the teasing she gets when she dresses "differently," she had an accident on the playground today.


She came  home from school in the middle of the day, and swears she is never going back. We'll see about that.


She spent the rest of the day in the tub. She seems to be really traumatized by the whole ordeal. Mom offered to home school for the rest of the year, and then we'll see.


James got his best renovation job yet! He convinced my Uncle Rayne to have a complete interior renovation. Having the famous "Rock Star Retreat" in his portfolio should really boost his career.


"I want new furniture, new end tables, new wallpaper, the works. And make it a real modern type look."


He took his measurements...

And took before....

and after pictures. Uncle Rayne gave him a huge bonus for doing such a great job.

"Pose for me James, I want to make an ice sculpture."
I know he doesn't really like to do it, but he always sets a nice pose for me. I was almost done when the doorbell rang.

My sis, Mari wants to do a write-up of James' Rock Star Retreat renovation! She is the editor of the "Home and Garden" section of the Riverview News. The story will be on the front page of the section, complete with before and after pictures. We are all so proud of him!


Link and Lara are growing fast, and we just found out another baby is on the way. Our house is getting too crowded. James took some time off, and finished off the attic into three new bedrooms and a bath, and expanded the basement to make Papa a nectar tasting room.


Lily, Link, and Lara's birthdays are so close together, we had one big party, and invited the whole extended family. Lily was first, since she's the oldest.

Then it was Link's turn.

And finally Lara. She is extremely shy and refused to blow out her candles. So many people! Even Sharonda showed up. Alyse came with her twin girls who are teenagers now, and Mari brought her two boys. And Rayne and Heath's son Will has green hair like Mom! Who'd a thought?

Link seems to have the same reaction to crowds as Lara does. As soon as he could, he escaped to his room. He is such a helpful child though, he cleans the dishes and makes his bed without being told.

Lara wanted a camera for her birthday, So Papa gave her one of his. She is delighted and can't wait to start practicing.

Lily still refuses to go to school. She freaked out about it again today, startling her friend Chris. James has been checking around, and found a study program we think she'll like. It's at the Science lab, studying gardening.

Our newest addition, Olivia. She is just so sweet. Have I told you how much I love babies?

1 comment:

  1. I love this legacy. You have some great pics. I look forward to seeing what will happen next.

    ReplyDelete