Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rose - Gen 2 Ch 9

We arrived home from France ready to launch our Nectary. Gustave and I headed to Town Hall to register our business. It was so exciting to finally get our operating license!


Next Gustave headed to the new consignment shop that had recently opened.
"I have some sample bottles of fine nectar here. I think they would  make a fine addition to your inventory."


The merchant agreed, and now we have our own display at the shop!
Our White Rose Nectar is practically flying off the shelf, and Gustave is making quite a name for himself in Riverview!


One final detail - Gustave surprised me with a beautiful sign reading "The White Rose Nectary".
Life just couldn't get much better!


Mari's birthday arrived all too soon. She is so excited, she has a job lined up at the newspaper for as soon as she graduates.


And of course, there is Shayne. He is already working at the paper, and they both are eager to start their life together.


"I, Shayne Shallow, take you, Marigold, to be my wife, to love and to cherish..."
I couldn't help but shed a happy tear. My baby is getting married!


Since it was Margi's birthday, Mari insisted we celebrate at the wedding.


Our sweet Margi, so good to everyone, but always with such a faraway look in her eyes, so much like Daddy.



Marigold and Shayne settled into their own place, and Margi settled into high school. She came home all excited her first day. My Aunt Doreen's grandson James is in her art class. I guess that makes him Margi's second cousin. I'm so glad she has found a friend. Even with her good nature, she's always had a hard time making friends.


James had become a fixture at our house. When he and Margi aren't hanging out here, they can always be found at the art museum.


Mason, on the other hand, is constantly on the phone. He is still enamored with that girl from France, and talks long distance almost every day.


It's time for Mason's birthday! Of course James is here, along with my Aunt Doreen. I haven't seen her in years, but she doesn't look like she's aged a day.


Heath broke out his guitar - his music has improved immensely. I thought the guitar looked familiar. 
"You probably saw it in a magazine article about my dad - it was one of his concert guitars." 
We were all duly impressed.


"Happy Birthday, Mason! Why the long look?" I teased him.
"I miss Alyse. I wish she could have been here."
"Why don't you invite her to visit, now that you are graduated?"
That finally brought a smile to his face.


Shortly after Mason's birthday, I received a call from my Aunt Doreen.
"You should know what your son has been up to."
I guess it all started when Mason went to get a tattoo.


James was there, and saw the whole thing.


Mason accused the stylist of 'looking at him the wrong way.'


They got into a huge argument....or at least Mason did a lot of yelling.


Then Mason shoved the stylist and knocked him down. He was lucky the police weren't called. From what James said, they agreed to forget about it if Mason would just pay for his tattoo and leave.


And now there is this motorcycle.
"Where did you get the money for this? You don't have a job."
"Don't worry about it, Mom."


"I do worry about it! And I worry about you. Aunt Doreen told me about what happened at the Tattoo Parlor. What has gotten into you? "


"Now tell me where you got this bike, or I swear I will get rid of it."


"Okay, just calm down, will you Mom? I've been doing some... odd jobs for Daniella, the tattoo artist, and she gave it to me in payment. Go ahead and call her if you want."
I sighed. I knew he was hiding something, but he is an adult now. Maybe Alyse will be able to talk some sense into him.


Alyse arrived today, and I haven't seen Mason so happy since we left France. He does seem like a changed man when she is around. I hope it continues.

3 comments:

  1. I love Margi's hair, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's one of Peggy's free hairs, not quite sure, I downloaded it a long time ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I looked it up, it's from Mod the Sims.

    ReplyDelete