Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rose - Gen 2 Ch 7

Mom and Daddy are back from China!
"It looks like we got back just in time!" Mom is so excited about another grandchild. They've been gone a long time. Mom looks a lot older. So much so that I decided not to mention the little altercation I had with Rayne. He still isn't speaking to me though, and I don't know what to do.



I had to put that little problem on the back burner though, as baby Mason has arrived! I'm so glad mom and daddy got back in time for his birth.


"So Rosie, what's going on between you and Rayne?" I guess she noticed we aren't speaking. I really didn't want to talk about my anger management issues, so I changed the subject.
"You haven't told me about your trip yet."



It worked.!
"Oh, Rosie, we had the best time! I spent most of my time painting."


"And your father competed in a seniors only martial arts tournament. It was so exciting! He has moves I have never seen before, and I guess neither had any of his opponents.


"He won every single match!"
I nodded. I think I know how he did it. "Sea research - I bet he used his sea research to learn those moves."
Mom eyes widened."That what he said, but I didn't know what in the world he was talking about."
I told her about Egypt, and what I has seen Daddy do there, and how he said it was his "sea research." We both wondered what it world it could be.

Life is flying by relatively uneventfully. Mason grew into a toddler.


I am not going to miss Mason learning to walk, like I did for Mari. He is so much like me! He never cries when he falls - such a brave little boy.


And Mari is a teenager. We had a small family party for her, as Mom has not been feeling well lately.

Later that night it happened. Mom called out to everyone in the middle of the night.


Gustave and Mari cried their eyes out, but I couldn't cry. I think the last time I cried was when I was a teenager, and my Grandpa Luke died. But tonight I was just really, really angry -  at Mom for leaving us, at Gustave and Mari for crying, and especially at Rayne for not even being here. I know he is at work, and didn't know, but still!



Mom wasn't ready to leave quite yet. Grim followed her as she went to find Daddy.
"Sunny, please don't leave me! What am I going to do without you?" Daddy begged her to stay.



Daddy looked like he was listening for a few minutes, then a quick smile crossed his face.
"I will, Sunny, I promise. I love you too."


Daddy placed Mom's gravestone back behind her pond, and planted more sunflowers. He's been sad, of course, but he did not freak out at all, like he did after Grandpa Luke died.



With Mom gone, things are going from bad to worse. First off, Rayne has moved out.
"I only stayed this long because Mom asked me too. I am moving in with Heath, and we are starting a rock band. His house is the perfect set up, it ever has a stage in back. I know you don't approve, and I don't really care. Just in case you are interested, Mom thought it is a great idea."
I tried to apologise for my temper, but he wasn't hearing it.



Worse yet, Gustave is upset with me too.
"I feel like I don't even know you anymore, Rosie. Where is the sweet girl I married? How could you alienate your brother like that? And how in the world could you not even cry at your mama's funeral?"
I didn't have an answer to anything.





I went to Daddy for advice. "How do you stay so calm now, Daddy? You didn't used to be this way. Can you teach me?"
He showed me how to center myself, and it finally seems I am learning to calm down a bit.
He talked a long time about his research, and about Grandpa, and finally about Mom. "Sunny gave me a message for you Rosie, the night she died. She said, 'Tell Rose to remember her pendant, remember what I told her.' I don't know what she told you, Rosie, but I think it's important." His expression suddenly changed. Daddy always gets this faraway look on his face whenever he starts up with his ghost stories. "Rosie, they need your help. They're trapped. You have to help them. They like you. I thought Sunny would do it, but it wasn't time. Don't forget, Rosie."
I think I'm finding my inner calm, since I just smiled at him. "I won't forget, Daddy." Even though I know it has to be all his imagination.


Where did I put my pendant? I haven't thought about it in years. Ah, here it is, wrapped in a handkerchief, in the back of my lingerie drawer. I slowly unwrapped it, and held it in my hand. I had forgotten how beautiful it is. "It will lead you to what you seek" That's what mom had said. As I looked at it, I saw it start to glow softly. As I fastened it around my neck, I felt an inner peace I hadn't felt in years.


Gustave noticed the change it me right away. He caught up with me in the kitchen. "It's so good to have my sweet Rosie back. And you are more beautiful than ever."
"And you are still the most handsome man I've ever met."
"So what do you think about growing our little family again, my sweet Rosie?"
I happily agreed.


It's Mason's birthday, and he is so excited about leaving his baby years behind. He wanted a big party, and the new me agreed to throw it for him.



I  invited Heath and Rayne, and spent the afternoon making amends. Heath actually is a really nice guy once I got to know him.



I even let him fell my tummy. He was totally impressed.


I didn't even lose it when I discovered Mari and her friend Jake making out in my office after the party. So all in all, things are looking up, and I just know it can only get better, right?

2 comments:

  1. Awww happy family again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I play with high free will, sometimes Rose just totally screws things up with no help from me. Love the hot-headed trait :p And I tried for ages to find Rayne a girlfriend and he was having none of it, so I finally gave up and let him do what he wanted.

    ReplyDelete