Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ren - Gen 5 Ch 6

It was so good to be home again with my sweet Maureen.
"How was your trip, dear?"
"You'll never believe what happened, babe."


As I rubbed her pregnancy-induced back ache away, I told her all about my adventure in the old nectary. Of course I left out the minor part about Brigitte. Kinda like sausage - everyone likes the end result, but no one wants to know the details of the process. 
"I can't wait to take you there, you're gonna love it."

But our next visit to France would have to be put on hold for a few years, with the addition of little Brook to our growing family.  He is such a good baby, we are constantly battling over who would get to hold him next.

Even Bennie is fascinated by our little sweetie. Strange, he's never taken a second look at any other baby, including Colt - but whenever he's not mucking about in the garden or the garage, he's right there in the nursery.
"He reminds me of our mother."
Grrr - it really ticks me off when Bennie talks like that. Mom was not his 'mother' and I am definitely not his 'brother'. Why mom programmed him to think that is beyond me.


The day of Colt's and Brook's joint birthday party, and it looks like we'll be having another addition to our family soon.


Colt wanted a swim party. Maureen invited all his little friends from school, and my two fave cousins, Dom and Antwan. I thought Maureen ordered the photographer, but later she said she thought I had. I guess I shoulda followed my instincts and confiscated his camera.

So excited!

"Happy Birthday, Colt!"

"Happy Birthday, Brook!"

Bennie fired up the grill.

After dinner, the party moved downstairs to the rec room. Maureen entertained everyone with a song while Colt worked on his dart game.

Bennie worked the bar, and I just stood back with my drink, and watched all the fun.

Maureen is taking a break from the theatre, what with a toddler in the house and another on the way. I can usually find her in her studio.

"How was work today, love?"
"Same old, same old - more crazy clients than I know what to do with. How are the boys?"

"I've been teaching Brook some music basics. He's catching on pretty well. Not as fast as Colt did, though."

"And Bennie spent all afternoon playing with Brook."
I frowned at that. I'm not sure I approve of my son being raised by a simbot, but Maureen thinks the world of Bennie, so I guess I'll just butt out. When Maureen sets her mind on something, I've found it's best not to stand in the way.

After baby Heather arrived, Maureen started back at the theatre. Not full time, but she was called in as back-up a few nights a week. That left me home to babysit. I guess I could have Bennie help, but, well, you know how I feel about that.

I'm telling you, I have a new appreciation for all Maureen does, after spending a few evenings alone with three little kids. 

My beautiful little girl - she is growing so fast.

I'm so proud of my kids. Maureen is amazing. She makes learning music seem like a game, and tonight my family has a surprise for me.

My favorite song! Maureen on the guitar, Colt on the piano, and Brook and Heather picking out the tune on their xylophones. They all must get their talent from Maureen, I couldn't carry a tune if my life depended on it. But I clapped along enthusiastically.

"Are you ready? It's time to blow out your candles!"
"Ready, daddy!"

And just like that, Brook left his baby years behind.

This fascination with Bennie is starting to concern me. What normal kid would rather work on homework with a simbot instead of hanging out with his friends.

"Now it's Heather's turn for a birthday!"
"Yay! Birthday!"

"Blow out your candles!"

My baby is starting school tomorrow. Wow. What a whirlwind few years it's been.  Maureen and I have never been closer. I haven't done anything to make her mad in a long time. We have three wonderful kids. My business is booming.

 The old party days with Mel seem so far away now. I think maybe I've really changed for the good, turned over a new leaf...

2 comments:

  1. What is the blond hair braid, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its from Mod the Sims, here is the link http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=379119

    ReplyDelete