Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ren - Gen 5 Ch 10

Maureen is expecting again! We're both thrilled, although we're not quite sure how it happened. We are both getting up there in years after all.

Brook and Heather are teenagers now, and as you can see, Bennie is still around, and still just as annoying. Maureen of course vetoed my plan to dismantle him, and I guess we do need him to run the place. I need to come up with a plan to keep him away from the house when Brook is at home.

I swear that kid is driving me crazy.
"Wash that mess off your face right now!"
"Sure dad. Sorry. Didn't mean to upset you. It was for a school play."
Like I said before. Way too dang nice for a teenage boy.


Heather is in an almost constant bad mood.
"I wanna go back to France. I miss my friends."


The only time she relaxes is when she is playing her bass.


And Mathilde keeps us updated with pictures. She looks exactly like her mom, except for her hair and eyes.

My newest daughter, Firebloom is the light of my life. Since I've retired, we've become the best of friends, a girl after my own heart.

I love to show her off to everyone down at The White Rose. Oh, and I put Bennie to work at the bar here. Brook isn't happy about it, but he does seem to be making some friends at school now.

It was a sad day for me when Firebloom started school, but life goes on.

Every day I look forward the the time she arrives home from school.
"Wheee! Faster, daddy!"


"Psst! Fiery! Look at Bennie talkin' to his plants. Why don't you sneak up and scare him a little?"
"Hehehehe! Okay!"

"Boo!"

"Argh! Firebloom!"
Then we'd both laugh and giggle at his silly simbot squeaks.


"Hey dad, is it okay if Brannon and I go to Lost Willow Park this afternoon?"
"Finish your homework first, and be sure to be home by nine. Your mom will be finished at the theatre by then, I don't want her to worry."
But nine o'clock came and went,with no sign of Brook. No answer on his cell, either.

I was about to hop in the car and head out to the park myself, when I saw the flashing lights of a police cruiser out front.
"Mr. Greenbow?"
I nodded in reply.
The officer continued sternly. "We've been doing patrols of Lost Willow Park due to reports of tagging there, and found your son and his friend out after curfew."


I put on my best angry parent face and turned to Brook. But in truth I was inwardly pleased. Maybe he isn't quite the goody-two-shoes I've always known him to be.
"You were tagging at the park?"
"No, dad. Nothing like that. I swear."
The officer interposed, "I found no evidence of it, Mr. Greenbow. I'll just leave him with you. Make sure he is home by curfew from now on."
"Thank you officer, I will."

As the cruiser disappeared down the street, I turned back to Brook, ready to unload on him again, but he was already talking.
"I'm really sorry dad. I totally lost track of time. It won't happen again."
"You're dang right it isn't going to happen again. You are grounded for the next month, until your birthday. Now tell him what you were up to out there."
Later I sighed as I watched him slowly make his way into the house. What am I gonna do with that kid?

"Dad, mom, I'd like you to meet someone very special. This is my wife, Jia Li."
Colt had made the long trip home from China for Brook's birthday, and surprised us all with this announcement.


Brook was excited to see his brother again.
"Hey, I wouldn't miss your big day for anything. I just wish we could stay longer."

Heather started off the birthday singing with her beautiful voice.

For being an aspiring actor, Brannon is sure a nervous nellie. I wasn't going to invite him, but Maureen and Colt insisted.

Fiery saw an opportunity and took it.
"Boo"
"Aeeiieee!"

To everyone's surprise, Brannon fainted dead away.

"Ren, you really shouldn't encourage her, you know."
Maureen was probably right, but it's pretty funny to watch, don't you think?
Heather of course was freaking out about something or other as usual.  I can't keep up with her current ghost stories any more.


That's my girl!

And Brook is all grown up. I still gotta figure out who the pendant will go to. All I know is, after what happened at Lost Willow Park, it's not gonna be Brook. Which is fine with him, he says he doesn't want it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I would have liked to have seen it go to Brook but I suspect it will be Firebloom, she seems to be her father's favorite. Really great name, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Anyone recognise the Firebloom reference?

    Brook is my favorite too :D

    ReplyDelete